Are you hosting family & friends this holiday season? Check out these tips to conserve water, as you entertain during the most wonderful time of the year..
- Purchase recycled paper products. 100% recycled paper products require less water in manufacturing than normal paper products.
- Cooking food in as little water as possible is a key to conserving water. This also helps to preserve the nutrients in your food.
- During the hand washing process, turn the water off as you lather your hands.
- The most water efficient way to defrost food is via the refrigerator. Plan out your meals so you don’t have to use water to thaw your food.
- Leftover melted ice from holiday parties or gatherings can be used to water your indoor plants.
- Instead of using running water to clean vegetables, rinse them in a pan of clean water.
- Running a full dishwasher conserves water over hand washing your dishes. If deciding to hand wash, wash your dishes in a partially filled sink and rinse using the tap’s spray attachment.