Plumbing Tips to try before you call a plumber near you
- Setting your water to heater to a temperature of 115°F allows for plenty of hot water for most users.
- Pouring half a box of baking soda and ½ a cup of vinegar down a the drain, then wait 30-45 minutes and pour boiling water down the drain.. can often relieve clogged drains.
- A spring loaded timer that attaches directly onto your outdoor faucet, will help prevent you from over or under watering your garden.
- If you suspect a leak in your sink, toilet, water main, etc. turn off the water before attempting repairs.
- Never put rice, pasta, bones, corn cobs or beans in your garbage disposal.
- If nothing happens when you flush, it means you have a loose handle or valve.
- You can remove that gross tub ring by sprinkling the tub with salt and taking half a piece of grapefruit use it as a scrubber.
- Letting Coke soak in your toilet, is the easiest way to clean your bowl.
- The most common causes of dripping faucets, are worn washers, bad internal seats or worn/faulty faucet cartridges.